Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hello World!

This blog began in the Spring of 2008 on edublogs.org under the simple moniker Integrating Technology. I was always on the hunt for some new technology to use in my classroom, and I thought a blog would be a nice way to share these findings with other like-minded educators. Although I was comfortable using Blogger and even Wordpress, Edublogs seemed like the obvious choice for reaching my target audience. While this may have been the case, the service itself was utterly disappointing. Layouts were limited, formatting changed randomly and without logical reason, and the site itself often loaded at a snail's pace or not at all.

I had an intended audience, but no real focus or purpose, hence the generic blog title and sub-title (A blog for technology, Web 2.0, and general nerdery in the classroom). In establishing this new blog, I had the chance to reflect on the old, and I think the new name - Classroom in the Cloud - is much more fitting.

http://integratingtechnology.edublogs.org/ will stay up, so feel free to check out some of the old blog posts. I try to update at least once a week, but perhaps that will increase with the motivation of a site that actually works.



9.15.08 - Presenting Sliderocket

8.27.08 - Visual Definition of Web 2.0

7.18.08 - A New Approach to Grading

6.27.08 - Inspiration VS. Bubbl.us

6.22.08 - Grow Your Own Sprout

6.16.08 - May I have a Wordle With You?

6.11.08 - Web 1.0 and Web 2.0

6.03.08 - The Twittering Teacher

5.29.08 - Web Favorites

5.27.08 - Where do I Begin?
Save to delicious Saved by 0 users
Digg Technorati StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo
ma.gnolia squidoo newsvine live netscape tailrank mister-wong blogmarks slashdot spurl

0 Responses: